so my goal was to turn this into yarn. and not just any type of yarn,i wanted the color in it to match up when i plied it.
so i had carefully split the roving (spinners hill from 2007 fiber fest) divided again and spun two bobbins in sequence..... at the fair.
i was shocked that i kept it all straight and completed what looked like equal bobbins. then i started plying in the traditional way...... yuck! it was becoming obvious that all my efforts were in vain as nothing matched completely.
so instead of continuing, i set up to try the new technique i learned.
behold a skein of yarn! good thing i had jessica with me to remind me how to do it.
i looks awesome. it is a little twisty is some spots, but overall i couldn't be happier.
we then practiced on jessica's current project. by jove, i think we've got it!