Saturday, January 19, 2013

the mitre square

i am having a blast with this blanket! i  must admit, the yarn is challenging. it is very slippery and splitty (technical knitting terms) but it love watching each square emerge.
i finally colored my own graph so that i can tell which color goes where. it seems that i was supremely deficit at seeing a color and translating it to the actual color i'm using. it is so soft and light, but it has started to keep my lap warm as i knit along.
i've started scheming on my next one. i'd like to alter the pattern to construct a full size one for snuggling on the sofa in some of the hand-dyed wool that i made last summer. the batts are great, but very different so it would be easy to change colors on the blocks. i'd have to spin it thicker (not a problem, i've got a several pounds).
but first i've got to get this baby done!

2 comments:

Sheepmom said...

Cool! Where's the pattern? I'm thinking of all those little skeins I have whose only purpose was to be a sample of roving that's now gone. And a few skeins that are bigger but have no real purpose yet. Hmmmm....

Diane said...

I forgot what you said it was for...