Sunday, May 8, 2011

fiber fumes!

maryland was a blast! sadly, my travel companion has a back injury that mad the trip agony for her... but as a true fiber-addict she toughed it out (and had great drugs :)
the travel was wonderful, even when i got lost it was easily fixed (no thanks to gps.. just a good sense of direction)
the weather was sunny and comfortable, the crowds manageable and it was a fiber-fantastic time. we started in the barns, this gal is a merino from california whose fleece is delicious. these babies were winning in the show ring and also the fleece judging. next year i may just come home with the shirt off her back.









gayle's fiber art was my first and biggest hole. i left her a sizable financial donation for a ton of lovely fiber. her colorways are so beautiful and well dyed that once i got buying i was out of control.












and the fleece sale. yes, i did. a silver gray cormo mix is being split by joan and i. i'll post pics soon of all my finds, but for now..... happy mom's day!

2 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Looks like you had a really fun time. Can't wait to see your creations from all these goodies. Happy mother's day.

Marmie said...

I so love MSWF! So wish I could have joined you. I won't even be at guild again this month - I'm at a meditation retreat!

Let me know if you can ever meet for coffee and talk.

Jan