so at our guild meeting, she was still knitting away on this hat anxious to finish it and pop it in the mail for the upcoming baby shower. at some point she noticed that she had neglected to include a decrease and she wasn't sure where. she turned to me and asked me if i would find it and fix it. now, i was thrilled to finally be getting my hands on this project. i cautioned her that i when i found the spot it would have to rip it back. she looked at the hat and discovered that the error was near the beginning, so there was a good chance this was going to be all pulled out. there was discussion among the fiber folks, and soon we were searching for a different pattern. now, here's the part that makes this crazy. there was only 154 yds of yarn. for any non-knitters reading alone..... it's like needing a cup of flour and only having 2/3 cups in the canister. we searched ravelry, discussed strategy and at the end of the meeting, the re-skeined yarn was in my bag and we had a plan.
luckily it was a rainy father's day, so as we were visiting wineries i had car knitting to do. i also had a deadline. in order to make it to the shower, it had to be in the mail on monday.
so...... i had a bit of time left and was feeling angst that the hat project failed. i went browsing through my stash and found some cascade 220 in all the colors i would need...... for this