Thursday, January 12, 2017

So, it seems I'll do ....

anything to make knitting this cowl interesting. Last night I found myself agreeing to go to Lowes to 'browse' with my partner. Not only do I detest going to Lowes, browsing there is like being tortured. Yet, I went willingly, even pawed through the clearance holiday racks for lights, bulbs and new snow. yikes!!
This morning I resolved to turn it around, find the fun!
This lovely shaker knitting box was a gift several years ago. I've never used it (too nice) and decided that drastic times call for drastic measures.
loaded it up with the remaining small skeins - that I've put into balls - added scissors
threaded the next color through....
joined it to my current color. I really steamed through that ball in anticipation of making this work!
can't say I'm getting any farther any faster, but I'm determined : )

1 comment:

Karen at longwell said...

You GO girl!!!! Love, love that we are all swimming along on this project even if gnashing our teeth as we go...it's the whole love of the group thing.....