Wednesday, June 9, 2010

part of vacation included a trip to visit my sister. she had gifted my youngest with a trip to see the lion king on broadway. the gift included a ticket for a parent (dad was chosen) and lunch in the city. i got the biggest chuckle at my sister's concern that i would be at loose ends during the show. hmmmm. after all the years she's known me ( and they have been many) the thought that i would have trouble amusing myself in new york, well i'm still chuckling about that. so, i shopped, wandered about, did starbucks, and settled myself in the chaos of times square to.....
knit. love that traveling sock. i had a hoot watching all the craziness circling around me. it was fleet week so the area was teaming with young servicemen enjoying a warm sunny day in the big apple. sadly there were no yarn shops nearby, but i did find a bakery, coffee and street vendors so all was well. interestingly enough, i'm still working on that same sock!

1 comment:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Don't you look so sweet there knitting away in times square. Sounds like everyone had fun. Can't wait to see the actual posting of that SOCK. I bet it's adorable like all your things.