Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a tisket, a tasket .....


my prize winning basket! i am quite tickled that i am showing progress in my fibery endeavors. the basket is full of the fiber i spun for cc during the tourdefleece. as i clawed my way through the tour, i thought that my spinning quality had faltered. the single skein took third place which confirms this, however the entire project garnered a first. wow.
those merletto mitts may look familiar. they were done for amy from her kettle-dyed fiber. she encouraged me to enter them. i was reluctant to do this. i've never entered my knitting in anything. i've seen some of those knitted items at the festival. i felt much trepidation putting them in. wow.
the guild display with the morning surf scarves. what a success that was. amythefibergoddess did an amazing job with this project from beginning to end! folks had a great time voting on their favorites and checking out the craftsmanship of these pieces. i think that this sparked interest in keeping it an annual event!
what a group of gals! enjoying all those fabulous fibers, woolly good friends....can't wait til next year!!

No comments: