this is the eyelit cardi revised. when i finished it several weeks ago, i was not happy with the button piece. the pattern called for garter stitch on the fronts with a crochet button closure. it looked like, well....... crap. i tried blocking, i tried different shirts, i even dug up a bra and tried that.... nothing worked. so i ripped it out. couldn't find the left-over yarn. let it sit for a while as i considered my options. the february lady sweater (yes, i started that) gave me some insight on how this might work. so, i used 1x1 ribbing with three buttonholes at the top and put garter stitch around the neck. it's perfect. i'm hoping to take it out tomorrow.
Outstanding In Their Field
2 days ago