Tuesday, October 20, 2009

finishing up

i'm ready to get moving on some new projects! all those temptations at rhinebeck, all the ideas that started floating in my head...... need to move onto needles. knowing myself, i couldn't get started until i cast-off up my current items. here is the chick knits eyelet cardi. finished and blocking in the meager sunshine, i can hardly wait to put it on. i've not had super success with top-down garments fitting me the way i want, so i've got alot riding on this one!
next up is the starry-night hat for eldest spawn. this is my handspun from tintagel farms, fiber fest 2008. i used the morehouse merino frog-stitch hat pattern...... it's perfect. the plan is that this will be a layer of warmth under the riding helmet for lessons. i did have a fair amount left over...... so it looks like a neck warmer will soon follow!
finally, i celebrated another year on earth. my family gifted me with this:yes, a woolee winder. i've been considering this for quite some time and had absolutely no idea that my musings had been heard. i plan on using this for plying, but may toss it on to see how it spins. wow!!!

No comments: